Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
We are a group of passionate developers dedicated to creating the next generation of online games. Join us in our mission to create enjoyable competitive experiences that you can partake in with your friends without hating each other after.
Backend Team at Lunchbox
The Backend Engineering team is the team responsible for building out the platform features necessary for Lunchbox to run its multiplayer games. This means ownership of all online features such as authentication, accounts, social features (guilds, friends, etc.), matchmaking, and much more! We’re a small and agile team, focused on building a well engineered and easily maintainable platform for Lunchbox to make successful games on top of. We build with primarily cloud first tooling, and our primary language is Go.
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Lunchbox, you will be responsible for helping create the infrastructure that our platform and related tooling runs on. This means building out our usage of AWS, our chosen cloud provider, and working closely with the software engineers on your team to understand what is needed to run our backend and its associated tooling.
- Work with contract devops engineers to take ownership of how we use AWS
- Partner with backend software engineers to understand infrastructure needs for the platform, and build that infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Analyze cost usage of AWS and provide recommendations on how to maximize functionality while keeping costs low
- Design and implement observability features, resulting in reliable uptime of infrastructure and software deployed to it
- 4+ years of experience working with cloud native infrastructure and applications
- 4+ years of experience working with a cloud provider, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Comfort building infrastructure using infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, Go code to debug high level problems in service reliability
- Production experience with Kubernetes
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience working on live service games
- Passion for MOBAs and other strategy games
- Comfort writing or debugging software